Saturday, October 30, 2010

Post-Op

So this week was step 1 in the hopes to have a baby on the way by this time next year.  Yep, the thyroid is gone.  So I am now in the process of recovery.  So far it has not been bad just irritating.  Itching at the incision site, and lots of soreness at the site the drain tubes were. It also feels like I have on a really tight turtle neck that can't be removed.  I just keep telling myself- it is better than yesterday and will be even better in 2 weeks!
So my daily journey goes as far- thyroid meds- 30 minute wait, breakfast, 2 calcium pills, antibiotic.  Still feel a bit crazy from the drugs that have been in my system and have issues concentrating- lists are my friend and no I am not driving! Take a bath, change clothes, new bandages, wait for my hair washer to come over as I can't get the sterry strips wet yet.  Clear my throat for the 1000 time today. Fix my hair and off to Kahului we go to get pillows and a chair.
Clint has been a total prince- bringing me water when I threw up, helping me wash all the tape off my back (it was everywhere) checking out the holes in my neck and just being as good to me as he always is.
So the rest of the day the meds will continue and I think we are going to try to get to some of the halloween parades in the area- just getting out is good and then I can get another nap in!

No comments:

Post a Comment