Friday, August 27, 2010

Just Another Day

Just made a quick stop at Long's Drug store, was out of lip liner. While I was there and still not able to move my arms very well I also purchased some "Sore Muscle Rub".  My poor boss is going to have to do his ride along with a girl who smells like an old lady- oh well, I feel better! Another, really strange, thing is my right arm is swollen, never have had this happen before. Lets Google it... OK people who have also had swollen arms from working out the consensus is to RICE (Rest, Ice, Compress and Elevate for those of you who might have thought I was talking about food).  Here is the dilemma- I have 2 more days of workouts then rest.  Not kidding, even though yesterdays WOD was tough I am going back!

Yesterdays workout....seriously.....
500 squats  (total)
50 sit ups    each
500 push ups  (total)
Run to the Noodle (as a group)
100 lunges   each
50 sit ups each
Run to the Noodle

Ok so I finished 4th out of 7 and did not feel bad...just tired.

So I was not able to complete everything on yesterday post (had to pick up the boss) so I am going to continue with what transpired through the end of Thursday.

After riding with my boss all day- pleasant experience, really, he is a nice guy- I of course went home.  Did a second stop at Long's Drugs. This time for ice packs.  I purchased a wrapping gel cool pack and also one that is placed into the freezer.  Right arm was wrapped before class to see if it would help.  I swear that my elbows were as big as my knees- freaky!  What in the world! Took off the bandage and headed over to the sweat box where I stretched and stretched. WOD 3 minutes as many KB push press as possible then 3 minutes of as many OH squats as possible.  Not to bad hummm my arm seems larger!

After quick shower made a quick trip to our hang out for a beer and some hula sticks (chicken in BBQ sauce, served with toothpicks) and headed back home.  Clint helped me wrap the gel around my right arm and then helped me tie the ice pack on the other- 30 minutes later  ice off and I am in bed.  I am very happy to report that this morning swelling is MUCH less and movement is MUCH greater so I am teaching a spin class at noon.

I want to figure out what part of Monday's workout made me so sore, upright row, straight press....thinking it was the assisted pull ups.  No worries though I will do it again. I love this stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment